Trivia Question: What part of the statue was damaged in 1916 and replaced in 1985?
Her left foot
Lady Liberty’s original torch, a 3,600-pound copper flame built in the late 19th century, was damaged in an explosion in 1916. For the 100th anniversary of the statue in 1986, Lady Liberty received much-needed renovations to transform her look. This included the torch, which was completely replaced by a 24-karat gold-plated replica in 1985. The original is now on display in the Statue of Liberty Museum on Liberty Island.
The Answer: The correct answer is The torch.